Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matt

Default water meters

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:54:06 GMT, "dennis@home"
wrote:

Scargill destroyed the coal industry!

He turned it into a political weapon by trying to bring the government down.
The only response possible was to diversify the power generation and hence
the death of the mines.
That is the job of government to protect the population from idiots.

You do talk some utter bull****.

The "response" was already decided before any dispute arose, that was
the *whole* point of the dispute.

Without Scargill we would probably still be burning the dirty stuff in power
stations.

Without Thatcher we would still have control of a diverse energy
supply located within our own national boundaries. One bitch goes on
a power trip and the whole country suffers for years / decades /
centuries.

Thatcher's legacy to the nation. Burn in hell bitch.