Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Stress calcs. for the intellectually challenged

wrote:

Best advice if it's just for information, not for building control,
is to get the demo version of Superbeam (its free). I worked out my
roof design using that, and put it on plans for building control.
They then demanded some structuiral calculations for which I had to
pay 80 quid, which showed that my design was OK (which I knew).
The calcs by a qualified structural engineer took up about 15 pages
and gave me a nasty flash-back to A-level physics.

Would have almost been cheaper[1] to cough up for Superbeam so you could
have printed them off yourself!

[1] well not quite, but at least you would have a nice bit of software
to play with after ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.