Posted to misc.consumers.house
Una

Default Buying a house in a non-disclosure state

I could live with "sell/buy at a price you think it's worth"
except that the mortgage holder requires an appraisal. So
for purposes of financing someone other than the buyer and
seller will decide what it's worth.

The more I investigate, the more I am convinced the realtors
*do* share selling prices. And if a buyer discloses to the
county asessor the selling price, that data is used but not
made public. Of course, it is possible to estimate closely
the selling price from the tax assesment, which *is* public
data.

Non-disclosure states: Kansas, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and
Wyoming.