mike ring

Default can anyone help me?

"Margaret Macfarlane" wrote in
:

Hi,

Just found this newsgroup and discovered that there are more than
14,000 headers to download so forgive me if this question has already
been asked

Where have you been?

Scottish
Gas came to fix and told me that the build up of air was actually gas
which was coming from various nasty stuff inside the heaters and
provided me with a hefty quote to flush out my heating system.

They would, just like here
My question is this: can this be done diy (husband is quite good at it)
and if so what does he need in the way of equipment and chemicals etc.

Unless your problems are really dire, and they don't sound it,

drain a bit and add Fernox Superfloc (or one of the competitors ie
screwfix 16307)

Run the system for a few days

Drain and refill several times to flush out.

Fill up againn with additional Fernox MB-1 (or a competitor ie screwfix
13162)

Thats it

HTH

Mike R