Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn & Bob

Default Electrical outlet no longer working

Except for the outlet at the end (which you say this one is, i.e. only two
wires), other outlets on your circuit should have two wires coming in and
two going out to the next outlet. If f the outlet before this one has two
going in that are fine, it will work, but if one of the wires going out to
the next outlet is not making contact then the next outlet will not work.
--
Peace,
BobJ

wrote in message
oups.com...
Already checked all that, all wires were connected securely when I took
it out, tried the new outlet and when I put the old outlet back in.
When you say check other outlets around there, do you mean I need to
open each one up to check for something? If they're all working fine,
what exactly would I be looking for if I open them up? Sorry if that's
a stupid question, but I'm a little confused about that one, lol.

Thanks,

David