Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
Derek Broughton

Default Solar water heating system value

wrote:

David Hansen wrote:
On 7 Mar 2006 06:58:47 -0800 someone who may be

wrote this:-

The whole point of
these figures is to demolish 2 false claims:
1. that solar dhw will pay back its money investment
2. that solar dhw will pay back its energy investment

The only problem is that your "figures" did not demolish anything.
For a start you assumed a very low level of savings on the cost of
heating domestic hot water.

The figures in this thread have stated the savings amount required to
make it worthwhile. If you think you can save well over £100 a year
with a £2000 water heater, go for it. I dont.

The "figures" are a ridiculously low number for cost of hot water that you
made up. I can _easily_ save £100 a year with a system that will cost me
about that much. Check back next year for real use figures...
--
derek