Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default water meters

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 15:07:50 +0000 (GMT), John Cartmell
wrote:

In article . com,
Merryterry wrote:
Or it could quite conceivably be a case of wanting to keep the other
lot out, after all this lot are a shower of **** but those with
"memory problems" conveniently forget the mismanagement and total

Thatcher Dead - a story coming to the headlines quite soon. But don't
forget to buy your party poppers well in advance as this will be a day
to really celebrate.

What the hell has this **** got to do with the bloke who has asked the
question about water meters?

I understood it to be a reference to the sowing that preceded the whirlwind
that we are reaping.

It may be uncomfortable for you but the investments that weren't made in the
80s and 90s in our infrastructure and industry (with the profits from North
Sea Oil that were diverted to maintain artificially high unemployment), and
the doctrinaire decisions that sold that oil fast and cheap - and destroyed
the coal industry, and the sale of our essential services to profiteers, all
combine to make life far more expensive now that it ever should have been.

..... and raiding of pension funds. That will make all of the above
but a mere bagatelle. Now who was it who did that? Let me see.... ah
yes.... the communist living next door to Mr Teflon.

--

..andy