John Manders

Default source for large metal wheels?

Search the news groups for old tractors. they should be able to help.
Such wheels are still used on modern wheeled loaders but they will be
expensive.

John

"random" wrote in message
I'm going to need two large wheels, minimum 4 feet in diameter
preferrably larger but no more than 6' diameter. Something off
1915-vintage tractors maybe, I dunno. The things need to be steel on
the outer rim so I can weld spikes to them. Making a gizmo to haul
trees over very rough mountain terrain. Anybody have any ideas where
I can find such wheels? I'd really prefer not to have to attempt
fabricating them from scratch. tia.