Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Kathy

Default which tool steel

"Karl Townsend" remove .NOT
wrote in message
nk.net...
Those of you that follow this NG closely may know I grow apples

for a
living...

I worked quiet a while at a place that made rotary
cutting and creasing machines. They used 4140ht for
the knives. Heat treated and ground. At one time we made some
prototypes from material called "Ferrotic". It was new
technology at the time. The knives worked great but
the company did a great deal of business on
replacement parts so they priced them where no one
would buy them and then discontinued production due
to low demand.
I believe it is a pressed powdered carbide and
something else product.
You had to heat treat the stuff wrapped in foil
packed in charcoal. It was interesting.
this is the stuff:

http://www.kuksung.co.kr/