The Natural Philosopher

Default Jablite sheet - stiffness

IMM wrote:

Little Middle England speaks again.... and what ********! Man of the
moment, Alistair Campbell went to a comp.

Which:-

(a) proves that top jobs are no lonfger he province of Oxbridge
garduates and

(b) shows what has been lost in the process.

In fact you offer complete proof of the thesis that comprehensive
schools prduce unpleasant ruthless self seeking people with no real
sense of responsibility and that is precisely who has teh upper hand at
teh moment.

Grammar schools are all about good old British petty snobbery. I suppose you
want the 11 plus back again.

No, Comprehensive schools are all about good old English inverted snobbery.

I would say teh 11 plus was an extremely good way to make a broad brush
selection at 11. Not perfect, but better than nothing at all.

---