Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.energy.homepower
Mark

Default Solar water heating system value

wrote in message
oups.com...
Mark wrote:
Ed Sirett wrote in message

If you'd payed a lot (£2,000 say) for the system then I have no doubt
you'd not recover the cost. What might be the threshhold?

That's still a moving target, how much will energy prices have to increase
before we can't afford NOT to fit some type of solar heating.

another good question, and another bastion of solar DHW support. So,

lets find out:

At todays prices a £2000 commercial system saves in the region of £20
per annum on hot water bills.

Hmm
How much is the average family's hot water expenditure over the two summer
quarters, a suggested saving of £20 seems awfully low even for a DIY jobie.

Im interested to know because my own consumption is not typical as we have
three B+B rooms that are normally occupied throughout this period.
When I fitted it 20 years ago it made a useful reduction in the amount of
oil used during the summer.
But in honesty I cant now remember by how much.

-