Gary Coffman

Default OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD?

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 20:11:23 GMT, pyotr filipivich wrote:
I'm fully prepared to accept that the Iraqi government destroyed the
chemical, nuclear and biological weapons on their own. But I would be very
concerned that these very hazardous, toxic and environmentally degrading
materials had been just "dumped" someplace and not handled in a safe and sane
manner.
When the Iraqi's destroyed these chemical stocks, did they do it in a safe
manner, or just pour them in a sewer? Truly concerned people would like to
know that.

Eyewitness reports from former Iraqi servicemen say that they just took the
munitions out into the desert and detonated them (I'm assuming from well
upwind). They've got lots of desert, and most of the agents are non-persistent,
so while that might not satisfy US enviroweenies, it was probably an adequate
way of dealing with them.

Gary