Posted to alt.home.repair
John Sevinsky

Default Hydronic elecric baseboard heater vs standard electric baseboard heater

We are about to put electric heat in our basement, and I need to decide
what type of heater to use. I'm considering baseboard heaters. I
talked to the electrical inspector, and standard electric baseboard
heaters aren't permitted below electrical outlets, but he will allow
electric hydronic heaters because they don't get as hot. I've also
read several postings in newsgroups that support this.

But there's something I don't understand. Since all electric heaters
are 100% efficient, how can an 8' 2000 watt hydronic electric heater
not put out as much heat as an 8' 2000 watt standard electric heater?

John