Posted to rec.woodworking
Genedoc

Default 14" bandsaw, can't decide

I cannot address the Powermatic, but I bought the Delta X5 last May at
a woodworking show and it has been a lot of trouble to get working
right. Nothing was aligned when I go it home, the drive wheel set
screw was not tight from the factory and it has taken hours of tweaking
to get it to cut. Having said that, with the riser block installed and
a sharp blade I am splitting 11 inch logs with it. Still no amount of
adjusting has allowed the covers (doors) to latch. The quaility just
is not there as far as I can tell. Laguna and MinMax both make Delta
look like something from the Craftsman line and at the show they were
both resawing veeners like butter. If I could do it over it would be
the Powermatic for 14" or just suck it up and get the job done with one
of the high end machines, of course that would have made me a suddenly
single woodworker. YMMV