Andy Hall

Default Tax software

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:51:27 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

OK stretching D-I-Y a bit but it is SELF assessment!

Has anyone any suggestions for freeware tax return software. There are
progs available at cost but It is bad enough having to pay tax let alone
adding insult to injury by having to pay for the software!

I tried to use the IR online site but after registration they have to
snail mail a PIN to the applicants registered address.

Not exactly user friendly arrangement.

TIA

Bob

I used the Which Taxcalc software for a few years and found it quite
good when I had fairly straightforward tax affairs. Not free, but
pretty cheap and in one year it did pick up something I'd missed
making a saving that more than paid for it.

I now have a rather more complex tax situation and my accountant does
this as well as various other financial jobs for me.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl