Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Replacement feet/wheels for office chair

In article
Roger Wareham wrote:
Chris Styles wrote:

To avoid ruining the flooring I have just put down, I'd like to swap the
bog-standard castors on my office chair for either a rubberised castors, or
even normal feet (which can then have felt pads applied)

The castors on my chair are not threaded, but are a 10mm dia peg, 20mm long
with an O-ring in a small groove 5mm from the top of the peg (as a locking
mechanism I guess)

Can anyone suggest somewhere where I might find these? Screwfix sell
castors, but they don't look any different from what is already on there...

Why not just get a set of castor cups to go under the castors?

Kind of defeats the object of being able to wheel the chair around ...