Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Default aerial signal strength

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

What device to get the best reception from an externally mounted t.v
aerial. I think its a Yagi type. Basically the position moved some time
ago, due to high winds, but was never rectified because there was a
signal from a different source, but now the external aerial is needed.

The device you need is an engineer with analyser. You cannot get away with a
misaligned aerial. If you amplify a poor quality signal, you will get MORE
poor quality signal. No amplifier can find something that is not there,
amplifiers are for overcoming losses.

Total ******** as usual from the usual TV erection spammer.

Plug a TV in and wiggle the aerial until you get acceptable signals on
all available channels.

I AM an engineer, and believe me, you can get bogged down in dials and
scope traces far too much.

In the end its a quality picture you want, not some arbitrary reading on
a meter.