Snowman

Default Tax software

"No-one" wrote in message
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:51:27 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

OK stretching D-I-Y a bit but it is SELF assessment!

Has anyone any suggestions for freeware tax return software. There are
progs available at cost but It is bad enough having to pay tax let alone
adding insult to injury by having to pay for the software!

I tried to use the IR online site but after registration they have to
snail mail a PIN to the applicants registered address.

Not exactly user friendly arrangement.

No, but after getting the PIN, you can fill in the form online and the
tax is calculated at the same time. You can also print out a hard
copy of the completed form.

Regards.

I used it last year (and will again this year) - worked well, no problems
(apart from saying that I owed some tax!). You can do a bit and save it,
then do more later, then submit it when all done. And I think, although
you'd need to check, that you don't have to submit it before the end of
September if you do it online.

I think the snail mail password is actually a reasonable security feature
for such an application.

Peter.