Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

Default Mud over latext paint?

Never had a problem with mud over latex paint, in fact, it is common to fix
problems that show up after the first coat of paint.

"Mike Hartigan" wrote in message
.net...
When my home was built 15 years ago, there was some ugly taping on
the ceiling in the upstairs hallway. I pointed it out at the final
inspection, and it was 'repaired'. I'm now in the process of
painting and have decided to fix it 'correctly'. A bit of mud and a
little sanding should do it, but the ceiling has 2 coats of latex
paint that I'm aware of. Can I simply mud on top of the latex paint?
Or should I do some sort of surface preparation, first? Any other
considerations?