axolotl

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

Ed Huntress wrote:

It's mostly a strawman. If you don't mind my not wanting to type it all out
again, you can read what I said about it in my second China article:

Ed,

The articles are so good that I printed them out to sit and _read_ them.
Clearly, what you state is what is happening. You have arrived at the
question - now that we know what has happened what can be done to fix
it. The legislation outlined doesn't seem to address the central issue,
the enormous sink of Chinese workers. It's not dumping when they _can_
make a product cheaper than you can. What actions would you suggest to
increase the chances that our kids can make a fortune in manufacturing
and support us in our old age. I'd also like to hear from the other guys
in the trenches. Ray and you other fellows that compete directly- what
can be done to get us out of this mess?

Kevin Gallimore