Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe S

Default Repair damaged cantilever supports?

I shall post some links to photos as soon as I can manage. Thanks.

I'm not sure what I wrote that would make you think that my work would
make anything more susceptible to infestation. I can guarantee is that
nothing I did weakened anything any more than it already was.

I replaced sponge wood with solid wood so that the deck screws would
have something to bite into, thoroughly painting all exposed surfaces.
I'm not saying I made the overall structure any stronger, but no worse,
for certain.

And I do expect more rot...at any spot at all on the deck. It's not
feasible to rip it all down and rebuild it, and the potential for rot
remains throughout the 80% that currently shows no signs of damage.

C'est la guerre....

Joe