Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default flame sprayer?

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:35:42 -0800, Bob Gentry wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:38:56 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 05:37:38 GMT,
(Devonshire) wrote:

On the day of Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:12:54 GMT...
Gunner
typed these letters:

Among some of the goodies I schleped home today (not counting the mint
Trans-Oceanic Royal D7000 and the Pentax ME Super) was a rather
interesting tool box..designed to be wall mounted...containing a wierd
looking O/A type torch and 7 bottles of some sorts of metal powders,
along with various bottles of fluxes.

I don't know about the other stuff but I do have that same
trans-ocenaic Royal D7000 radio and a Pentax Super ME camera around
here somewhere.

The radio is here...

http://www.electricgypsy.net/compute... e=1&anchor=2

Thats the one. (the link says 10 batts..its only got 9..8 are for
operation..one for the little flip out light next to the tuning dial.

Ive already discovered you need an external antenna for any band
besides FM. Which is rather odd. And the manual (came with the
original manual and ear piece) sorta glossed over it.

The ME works though the batteries need changing. Shutter was pretty
sticky, but it works fine now after 50 or so releases. I think..think
Ive got some Pentax screw mount lens in one of the camera bags

Ive a couple or 3 Canon A-1s that Ive been using for years..along with
a couple manual Canons..all of which have the Canon bayonet mount..but
remember scrounging some scew mounts years ago and getting adapters
for screw to Canon bayonet.

Oh..the Line-Gun is interesting. I believe it uses CO2 cartridge to
carry a string..Got lots of string spools, no cartridges. When you
cock it..and pull the trigger..a piston with a spike on the end slams
forward into the center of a holder and apparently pieces the ass end
of the CO2 cartridge..which is tied to the bobbin of string and
launches the entire CO2 cartridge. Seems like it would pinwheel
badly..but maybe the string acts as a tail...

In the same tool box was a ****LOAD of .22 blanks for nail guns and a
half ****load of .25 blanks for what I think is Hilti..

Now I got to scrounge a power activated nail gun....

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3

Morning Gunner
The "line-gun" is used to shoot/pull that bobbin string thru conduit.
The string is then used to pull a pull rope which,in turn, pulls in
the wires. It's best to pad the far side of the box into which your
conduit empties grin. That cartridge packs a real wallop.
Bob
rgentry_at_oz_dot_net
_AT_ = @, _dot_ = . to eMail

Cool! 3/4" and up I assume? So you just hold the muzzle inside the
conduit and squeeze her off?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3