Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Solar Panels

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:24:46 GMT, "Mark" wrote:

raden wrote in message

"His journey will be carbon neutral as ITV News will buy carbon credits
to offset his and his team's carbon-dioxide emissions generated by his
air travel around the globe. These credits will be used to invest in
low-carbon technologies and plant trees."

is a load of ********

True, but how would you convince the 4x4 type people the error of thier
ways.
it seems to me that far to many people think Climate Change will not effect
them, and is not anyway related to their lifestyle.
Im no Eco warrior but I do believe if we are not prepared to change our
energy usage.

We're DOOMED !

I think the point is that each and every one of us has some things
that we do that are environmentally good and some that are not. Some
can be measured, others are a matter of opinion as to how much
difference they really make.

It's very easy to single out specific issues such as the kind of car
that someone drives because it is very visible. Personally, I could
care less about them. Mine stays dirty through the winter. One of my
neighbours washes and polishes his twice weekly.

It's rather harder to know about other things that also make a
difference. Does he have cavity insulation? Condensing boiler? Loft
insulation? Thermostat setting? Heating on all day and all night?
etc. etc.

People are driven by cost, convenience and what they like.

--

..andy