Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default High Cost of Keeping Hot Tub Ready To Go

Bryan wrote:
The cost of luxury in our home is killing our bottom line. We're
starting to look at ways to cut our gas and electric costs. One of
our big drains is our hot tub. Between the 4 of us, someone uses the
tub each day of the week.

I'm wondering what the best plan of attack might be for keeping the
hot tub ready to go and bringing the cost down.

Right now it's set at 103 24/7.
Would it make any difference in cost if I kept it at 100 and turned
it up to 103 each afternoon in time for my wife and kids to enjoy the
tub each evening and turned it back to 100 each morning?
It seems like I would be spending as much reheating the tub each day
as I would to keep it at 103 24/7.

What do think and what strategies do you use to keep your hot tub
ready to go while keeping the cost of heating down?

I just thought of something. What temperature is recommended for
safety? I understand that water temperatures play a big role in keeping the
water sanitary.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit