Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

On 03/06/06 01:11 pm Michael Daly wrote:

America did just fine for centuries using the SAE standards.

Centuries? Make that century.

But American
cars should have SAE bolts, because they were made in America.

There are more "American" cars made in Ontario, Canada than in Michigan.

Yep. We got an old Dodge Mirada from my father-in-law, who insisted that
he would never buy a foreign car. When I looked at the plate on the door
frame, I discovered that it was made in Canada. Our '02 Chrysler 300M is
the same -- although we knew this ahead of time.

Perce