Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

On 6 Mar 2006 06:39:19 -0800, wrote:

[snip]

What's the difference between a fluid ounce and an ounce?

A fluid ounce is a measure of volume (how much space something
occupies). An ounce is a measure of weight (mass). This is a common
source of confusion with the USA system. Switching to the metric
system would at least prevent this from being a source of confusion.

Ounces & Pounds are used both for weight and mass, despite the fact
that weight and mass are very different things. Weight is actually
force.

In the metric system, a gram is really a unit of mass. Weight is
measured differently (I think the unit is Pascals).

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com