Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message

Well, if they ever did mandate it and I was forced to buy a saw with
their technology, I'll be the first one to disable it.

That's kind of an idiotic statement don't you think? Why would anyone
disable the safety feature? If you're forced to have the technology as you
claim, then it's only to your advantage to use keep that safety active. It's
not like disabling it is going to make you any safer. And even if your worry
about a false activation is your motivation for making that statement, you
could wait for it to happen and then disable the safety feature and all
you'd be out would be the blade.