Posted to uk.d-i-y
Merryterry

Default Braided Flexible Hoses used in Plumbing Systems

fail to see why cheap hoses would be any worse at harbouring germs
than expensive ones. Fall apart, yes, harbour germs probably not.

You aint seen the Electron Scan Photographs I have seen!
Could you accept that cheap extruded EDPM (synthetic rubber), made down
to a price and not made to any standard, can have a rough inner
surface. Could you accept that dearer EDPM hose, made to quality
standards, can be made with a smooth inner surface and tested as such
and against harbouring biofilms by an independant laboratory?

If you cannot accept that I hope it is not your immune compromised
Mother/Child/family member that suffers.

How many proven cases of Legionella infection have there been due to
Chinese hoses?

Go to an earlier posting in this thread by Nigel Molesworth. He got
mild legionella he says, from a Spa Bath. Now Spa Baths use a lot of
Flexible hoses to achieve the flow of water to various outlets. What a
coincidence! I would have money that these were the root cause of his
illness.

I wonder why all the flexible hoses were recently removed from
Worcester Royal Infirmary at great cost and have been banned in PFI
Hospitals built by a certain PFI consortium? I wonder why all the
flexible hoses were removed from the University of Essex Student
Accommodation Block in Colchester? Perhaps they enjoyed pulling them
out and replacing them? There are others.

When I have permission to publish the photos I will post them in this
group. Until then carry on taking the risks gentlemen.