Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

Default removing stains from new sink

Tony Hawg wrote:
Hi,
Baking soda?

yep, several websites suggested (along with their own solid-surface
cleaning products of course):

50/50 bleach/water soak - this did nothing to the stains

scrubbing with baking soda and scotch-brite - this so far has had the
most effect on the stains. I wet the baking soda and made a paste that
I rubbed onto the sink and let dry then scrubbed off with the
scotch-brite pad. It did remove some of the stain just not all of it.
It looks like repeating this is working and is slowly removing the
stain a little bit at a time, but I wonder what damage could I be doing
to the sink and is there a better way to clean this?