Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak

Default MR16 Halogen bulb

Kathy wrote:
"Paul Franklin" wrote in message

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:57:05 -0500, "Kathy"

wrote:

Whats the trick to changing these mr16 lightbulbs?
This is the light:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...uctDisplay?top

categoryId=15579&catalogId=10103&storeId=12&produc tId=18852&langI
d=-1&parentCats=15579*15932*15935

The replacement bulbs look like this:

http://www.lighting.philips.co.in/ap...454/LPPR3_HDIC

HRO_GU5.3_36D.GIF

I can't get the old ones out. I got the light assembly thing

off

the track but I can't get the bulb out. Is there a special

tool

for this?

The bulb just pulls straight out. You can wiggle it a little

to help

slide it out. If it won't come out, the pins may be corroded.

You

can take a shoelace or piece of twine (don't use wire) and wrap

it

around the bulb a time or two and use that to pull with more

force.

HTH,

Paul

well I finally got one out. Getting the new one in is near
impossible. ****in IKEA.

I don't have them, but is there a way to get the bulb socket to push out
of the reflector shell? Maybe a twist on the socket?
Perhaps you saved the instructions?

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY