Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht

Default How to grow Ivy (with minimal sun)

KLS wrote:

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 20:57:02 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

-snip-
My favorite for "no grow" spots is level soil, lay landscape cloth and
cover with river rock. Another nice shade plant is hosta; bushy clump
of leaves, and some varieties have a pretty blossom. Some are
variegated, some solid green.

I love hostas. Another option for your space would be ferns.

Here's a great little Hosta garden in upstate NY -- This man's son
sold hosta's to support himself through college & became my son's
favorite high school teacher.

http://www.hostalibrary.org/

There are a lot more varieties than I ever imagined before seeing this
garden.

Jim