Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Who owns the rec?

Tanus wrote:
Connor Aston wrote:

Is there a moderator for this group. Who is it and when did he/she start
the group?
Connor

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69 %6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70
http://www.connoraston.com

I'm curious as to why you are asking. Were you planning on taking
something up with the moderator if there were one here?

Usenet exists in the classic sense of anarchy. Essentially no rules,
except those evolved through its time on the Net and accepted by a
large number of the members. Some might call it mob rule - I prefer to
see it as pure democracy. As such, any member has as much right to
anything about it as any other member.

Which means that if I, or you Connor, have anything to say about the
group, either in how it should be run, or a particular complaint, we
have full and equal rights as members to voice them in the forum. It
also means that we don't have a single person or group of people with
whom we can complain to. It's all or nothing.

I've been a member of both moderated and unmoderated groups. I much
prefer the unmoderated.

Tanus

Why do people talk about being a member of a
newsgroup? I read several, but I don't consider
myself a member of any newsgroup any more than I
consider myself a member of a newspaper that read
or a member of a grocery store where I buy
groceries even if I do talk to the clerks.