Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default Who owns the rec?

Ralph E Lindberg said:

In article op.s5yfjwfyqkab0d@vigor13,
"Connor Aston" wrote:

Is there a moderator for this group. Who is it and when did he/she start
the group?
Connor

Apparently it was created in Feb of 1987 as a part of the "Great
Renaming"

I became curious about the Charter for the wRECk after Connor's
question and poked around for the original RFD. I didn't find it.
I failed, and for this am destined to remain a GIT in perpetuity.

Could this be evidence of a greater conspiracy by powerful men and
their apostles - who manipulate the destinies of lesser men as though
they were wooden marionettes. The unspoken, oft denied Cabal Lives!
Comprised, it is speculated, by the likes of Galooteus Maximus, PRINY,
O'Deen and the Merchant of Ashby. Or perhaps they are simply minions
of yet another upwards tier of concealed power... but I digress.

OTOH, I found a message that demonstrates the process involved in
'starting' a new Usenet group - in this case, rec.crafts.woodturning:

http://www.faqs.org/ftp/usenet/news....ts.woodturning

FWIW,

Greg G.