Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

Default Copper and Zinc Spheres

http://www.surfacingsolution.com/TinCeilings.htm

There is a Tin industry.

Yes Tin isn't as common as copper or steel. But Tin is used in many products.
Tin is used in alloys of metals. Tin-lead is only one.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

I merely meant that zinc is not commonly available in sheet, round bar,
or flat bar, much less angles, square tubes, pipes, and the like. Much
less premade hollow zinc spheres.
Its an oddball metal, and is used for a few things.
I am sure you can buy zinc anodes, both for plating and for boats.
I am sure there are a few other industrial products made of solid zinc.

But today, it is rarely used for roofing anymore, and its major use is
in galvanizing and vitamins.

But if anyone knows a full line supplier of zinc sheets and profiles, I
would love to hear of it.