Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default How to grow Ivy (with minimal sun)

Doug Kanter wrote:
... I'd suggest pachysandra. Any decent garden center will
have it available. It's usually sold in "flats" - trays of soil,
instead of individual little pots. The flats contain quite a few
plants, and are priced accordingly, so they always seem expensive
compared to other plants. Ignore this perception and buy them. If you
want to fill the area quickly, figure on one plant for every
half-foot square. Half that many if you don't mind waiting 2-3 years
to cover the area.
Pachysandra will grow in anything from deep shade to full sun. They
spread nicely over a few years. I've had some in a shady corner now
for 20 years. Every winter, they're pummeled by large falling
icicles, and they laugh at the abuse. If they seem a bit pale now and
then, I give them the same type of plant food intended for evergreens
& rhododendrons. They like slightly acid soil.

A very good choice. I have used it with very good success (Mid Ohio)

I would also suggest Periwinkle aka Vinca Myrtle.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit