Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Running electric...

There is no problem fishing the cable through the chase. You don't have to
staple it where you can't reach it. If you want to use conduit, I'd
recommend PVC, so if the cable were to get cut by the conduit, it's
nonconductive.

"MB" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm putting a bathroom in my 2nd floor (new construction, none exists
at this location).. I need to bring a few circuits up from the service
panel in the basement. There is two chases available for me to run
them in, seperated by the chimney between the two chases. The first
chase is full (Heat, AC Return, various other electric cables just
hanging in there)...I want to use the other chase....Problem is tacking
the cables in the chase as I only have access from the 2nd floor and
the basement, no way to secure the cables at the 1st floor level (w/o
removing walls, etc on the 1st floor).

I'd like to run EMT from the 2nd floor to the basement and run the
cables through that....Is there any code issues with running the cables
through EMT? I'd be able to secure the EMT on both the 2nd floor and
the basement level.

Thanks in advance, this group has always been helpful in the past!

Matt