The Rifleman

Default OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD?

Now you have failed to point out that the 300 tons were found by US
military inventory takers. And you might notice..that they were in a
nice neat well known, and regularly inspected muntions dump. So having
suddenly found 300 tons of NBC muntions "lost" for what..10 or more
years..in a nice neat munitions dump, what leads you to believe that
Saddams NBC can be found in 6 months after having been hidden?

Thanks for playing.

Gunner

Ah but Gunner your Prez and his minions , The Brit and US intel agencies
assured us dozens of times thet they Knew Saddam had WMD and that they were
ready for use in 45Minutes, They said they hasd real time intel, so how can
they disappear so suddenly and not be found by the US UK or UN after six
months??, but more importantly the finding of 300 tons of NBC munitions on
US soil totally destroys the US's credability as the good guys ( again), Its
a " Do as I say, not do as I do " scenario isnt it ?. Bush , Blair and
cohave led us into an unjust and illegal war that for theUS is rapidly
beoming another Nam, and damage to US prestige is terrible ( again). Further
more if the big ole US can so easily misplace 300 tons on NBC stuff they
they most certainly do not have the right to tell other nations on how or
what to do with their weapons of mass destruction its shear hypocracy.

And the US's behaviour in Iraq does nothing to quell those beliefs, see
below

http://news.independent.co.uk/low_re...&host=3&dir=75

By Patrick Cockburn in Dhuluaya

US soldiers driving bulldozers, with jazz blaring from loudspeakers, have
uprooted ancient groves of date palms as well as orange and
lemon trees in central Iraq as part of a new policy of collective
punishment of farmers who do not give information about guerrillas
attacking US troops.

The stumps of palm trees, some 70 years old, protrude from the brown earth
scoured by the bulldozers beside the road at Dhuluaya, a small
town 50 miles north of Baghdad. Local women were yesterday busily bundling
together the branches of the uprooted orange and lemon
trees and carrying then back to their homes for firewood.
Nusayef Jassim, one of 32 farmers who saw their fruit trees destroyed,
said: "They told us that the resistance fighters hide in our farms, but
this is not true. They didn't capture anything. They didn't find any
weapons."

Other farmers said that US troops had told them, over a loudspeaker in
Arabic, that the fruit groves were being bulldozed to punish the
farmers for not informing on the resistance which is very active in this
Sunni Muslim district.

"They made a sort of joke against us by playing jazz music while they were
cutting down the trees," said one man. Ambushes of US troops
have taken place around Dhuluaya. But Sheikh Hussein Ali Saleh al-Jabouri,
a member of a delegation that went to the nearby US base to
ask for compensation for the loss of the fruit trees, said American
officers described what had happened as "a punishment of local people
because 'you know who is in the resistance and do not tell us'." What the
Israelis had done by way of collective punishment of Palestinians
was now happening in Iraq, Sheikh Hussein added.

The destruction of the fruit trees took place in the second half of last
month but, like much which happens in rural Iraq, word of what occurred
has only slowly filtered out. The destruction of crops took place along a
kilometre-long stretch of road just after it passes over a bridge.
Farmers say that 50 families lost their livelihoods, but a petition
addressed to the coalition forces in Dhuluaya pleading in erratic English
for compensation, lists only 32 people. The petition says: "Tens of poor
families depend completely on earning their life on these orchards and
now they became very poor and have nothing and waiting for hunger and
death."

The children of one woman who owned some fruit trees lay down in front of

bulldozer but were dragged away, according to eyewitnesses
who did not want to give their names. They said that one American soldier
broke down and cried during the operation. When a reporter from
the newspaper Iraq Today attempted to take a photograph of the bulldozers
at work a soldier grabbed his camera and tried to smash it. The
same paper quotes Lt Col Springman, a US commander in the region, as
saying: "We asked the farmers several times to stop the attacks,
or to tell us who was responsible, but the farmers didn't tell us."
Informing US troops about the identity of their attackers would be
extremely dangerous in Iraqi villages, where most people are related and
everyone knows each other. The farmers who lost their fruit trees all
belong to the Khazraji tribe and are unlikely to give information about
fellow tribesmen if they are, in fact, attacking US troops.
Asked how much his lost orchard was worth, Nusayef Jassim said in a
distraught voice: "It is as if someone cut off my hands and you asked
me how much my hands were worth."

Or how about the hypocracy below??

Johnny Asia" wrote in message
om... CDC Shipments to
Iraq October 1, 1984 through Present

3/10/86

Dr. Rowil Shawil Georgis, M.B.CH.B.D.F.H., Officers City
Al-Muthanna, Quartret 710, Street 13, Close 69, House 28/I,
Baghdad, Iraq. 1 vial Botulinum Toxiod # A-2 (non-
infectious).

4/21/56--Dr. Rowil Shawil Georgis, N.B. Cir. D.D.F.H., Officers City
Al-Muthana, Quartret 710, Street 13, Close 69, House 23/r, Baghdad,
Iraq

1 vial Botulinum toxin (non-infectious).

Congressional Record: September 20, 2002 (Senate)
Page S8987-S8998

Mr. BYRD:
A letter written in 1995 by former CDC Director David Satcher to
former Senator Donald W. Riegle, Jr., points out that the U.S.
Government provided nearly two dozen viral and bacterial samples to
Iraqi scientists in 1985--samples that included the plague, botulism,
and anthrax, among other deadly diseases.

According to the letter from Dr. Satcher to former Senator Donald
Riegle, many of the materials were hand carried by an Iraqi scientist
to Iraq after he had spent 3 months training in the CDC laboratory.

Department of Health & Human Services, Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention,
Atlanta, GA, June 21, 1995.
Hon. Donald W. Riegle, Jr.,
U.S. Senate,
Washington, DC.
Dear Senator Riegle: In 1993, at your request, the Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) forwarded to your
office a listing of all biological materials, including
viruses, retroviruses, bacteria, and fungi, which CDC
provided to the government of Iraq from October 1, 1984,
through October 13, 1993. Recently, in the course of
reviewing our shipping records for a Freedom of Information
Act (FOIA) request from a private citizen, we identified an
additional shipment, on May 21, 1985, that was not included
on the list that was provided to your office. Following this
discovery, we conducted a thorough review of all of our
shipping records and are confident that we have now included
a listing of all shipments. A corrected list is enclosed
(Note: the new information is italicized).
These additional materials were hand-carried by Dr.
Mohammad Mahoud to Iraq after he had spent three months
training in a CDC laboratory. Most of the materials were non-
infectious diagnostic reagents for detecting evidence of
infections to mosquito-borne viruses. Only two of the
materials are on the Commodity Control List, i.e., Yersinin
Pestis (the agent of plague) and dengue virus. (the strain of
plague bacillus was non-virulent, and CDC is currently
petitioning the Department of Commerce to remove this
particular variant from the list of controlled materials).
We regret that our earlier list was incomplete and
appreciate your understanding.
Sincerely,
David Satcher,
Director.
Enclosure. (Copy unclear)

CDC Shipments to Iraq October 1, 1984 through Present

3/10/86

Dr. Rowil Shawil Georgis, M.B.CH.B.D.F.H., Officers City
Al-Muthanna, Quartret 710, Street 13, Close 69, House 28/I,
Baghdad, Iraq. 1 vial Botulinum Toxiod # A-2 (non-
infectious).

4/21/56--Dr. Rowil Shawil Georgis, N.B. Cir. D.D.F.H., Officers City
Al-Muthana, Quartret 710, Street 13, Close 69, House 23/r, Baghdad,
Iraq

1 vial Botulinum toxin (non-infections).

The complete list of toxins supplied to Iraq:
http://www.photius.com/rogue_nations...rd_020920.html

+

"The power of accurate observation is called cynicism
by those who have not got it." - G. B. Shaw

Johnny Asia, Pope-About-Town
The First Church of Common Sense

Want to know what's REALLY going on in Iraq?
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/wakeup.html

Cowboys and Idiots: The Reagan Administration
Ronnies' "Brave freedom fighters" are now Bushs'
"evildoers" who "hate our freedoms".
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/reagan.html

The Rise and Fall of the Holy Roller Empire
The God-Awful Truth about Christian Zionism
http://www.angelfire.com/co/COMMONSENSE/armageddon.html

The US is shooting itself in the fooot I fear old friend, Regards Steve

+