Dave Liquorice

Default Cables in plastic conduits

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:37:09 +0100, Andy Wade wrote:

BS 7671 itself says: "Where the cable is connected to a point,
accessory or switchgear on the wall or partition, the cable may be
installed outside these zones[*] /only in a straight run/ either
horizontally or vertically to the point accessory or switchgear. [My
emphasis]

[*] Meaning the zones within 150 mm of corners or the top of the
wall.

That does seem to exclude Dave's interpretation, since that would
require two straight runs.

It does indeed.

If you regard horizontal and vertical strips running the full width
and height of the wall from every accessory as 'no go' zones for
inserting fixings,

Which, IMHO, you have to do as you have no idea from looking at an
accessory which of the four possible directions are in use for buried
cables. OK you can take the accessory off and assume(*) that any sides
that don't have a cable leaving them are safe. If you do that with my
interpretation you are still "safe" though.

(*) As we all know "assume" makes an ASS out of U and ME.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail