Posted to misc.consumers.house
Don Phillipson

Default What are the benefits of hiring an agent when BUYING a house?

"FayeC" wrote in message

We are in the first steps of looking for a house. . . .
I didn't even know we needed an agent to *buy* a house.
What would be the benefits of having an agent and what is the average
compensation for agents when buying a house?

You do not need either a real estate agent or a
lawyer in order to buy a house: but:
1. Agents know the local housing market so can
save you time and grief.
2. In most parts of the country an experienced lawyer is
essential to protect yourself from problems with title
or payments.

You have to be able to trust either when he is
supposedly working for you in your absence.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs