Silvan

Default What can I do with a lathe?

Keith Marshall wrote:

So that's one thing you can do with a lathe. :-)

Thanks for the food for thought. I can't afford to go in for much more than
the Taig at the moment, but perhaps I should wait until I can. I've
learned why having a real drill press is the way to go, even though 90% of
the jobs I do could have been done on my old, small one. It's probably the
same lesson here. Some day I'll need the extra capacity, so I should buy
the biggest machine I can possibly manage.

There's tooling to consider too. I don't even know what I would need, but
I'd imagine I could spend quite a lot.

I'm due to be allowed to buy a new computer soon. If I use this one for
another four years (not really a problem, since I don't play games anymore,
and I run Linux, where there's nothing exciting to do with high performance
anyway), I could spend $1,000 on this wild hare.

I can already hear my wife screaming.

Are there any good books I should look for? Maybe go to the library...

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/