Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
Americans could easily get used to the Metric System if they learned it from
the word go.

No need. Just start using it and in day you know exactly what the measurments
are. Very simple really.

Like many Americans, years ago I though going metric was silly but now that I
have to use it at times, I wish we'd make the change and be done with it. All
of out machines at work are metric and it is as normal as can be in use and no
29/32 to worry about.

The mistake this country made when they first tried to "go metric" was trying to
teach everyone the conversion formulas. You don't need to know how many metric
whatsits go into an imperial doo-dad (the rest of the world doesn't know this
either). All you need to know is that a metric whatits is "about this
big/much/far".

Most people could only give a very crude guess on how much a gallon, pint, or
pound was if they had to measure out that much sand or water on their own. If
they can get about that good at guessing a kilo or litre, then they're good to
go.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message. Send instead to...