Dav1936531

Default What can I do with a lathe?

From: Silvan

I've been thinking about taking some classes at the local community college,

but I'm a truck driver, and my schedule is extremely irregular.
Michael McIntyre

One thing you can do on almost any metal working machinery is seriously mangle
(or even kill) yourself if you don't KNOW what you're doing in regard to safe
operating practices, proper machine usages, and the machine's basic
capabilities.

Taking a class is an excellent idea for anyone needing a basic understanding of
metal working machinery and that is where I would suggest that you start. After
that class, you will have a much better idea of what can be done on a lathe,
whether or not you should buy one, what size of lathe you might be interested
in buying, and what types of tooling and additional equipment will be required
to support your operations on a lathe, etc., etc.

Seriously...........take a class so that you reduce the probability that you'll
injure yourself.
Dave