Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

On 03/05/06 02:56 am wrote:

There are quite a few irritating products on the market for home
repair and use. But there are seven inventors/ producers I want to
kill.

2. The idiot that decided that America needs metric nuts and bolts

No. Let's find out who the idiot was who decided that America (unlike
the rest of the world) does *not* need metric nuts and bolts.

My foreign-born mother-in-law says that if she could get used to feet
and inches and pounds and pints at age 40+ Americans could easily get
used to the Metric System if they learned it from the word go.

BTW, speaking of "pints," The US ones aren't real pints. A real pint
contains 20 fl. oz., not 16.

Perce