Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

wrote:
There are quite a few irritating products on the market for home
repair and use. But there are seven inventors/ producers I want to
kill.

1. The idiot that started producing plastic snow shovels

Don't buy 'em.

2. The idiot that decided that America needs metric nuts and bolts

More fool, you. It's a far superior system, and, by law, the US was to
have converted a long time ago. As of 2005 only three countries, the
United States, Liberia, and Myanmar (Burma) had not completed the
changeover. Yeah, that's the industrial company I'd want to keep.

3. The idiot that invented the keyless drill chuck

It's a great invention. Maybe you don't have the hand strength to
tighten it properly, or maybe you just buy junk tools, but that's not
the chuck's fault.

4. The idiot that started putting backstab terminals on outlets and
switches

Another great idea - unfortunately it hasn't been perfected.

5. The idiot that made the sealed auto battery

I can see the direction this is going. You enjoy mundane tasks.

6. The idiot that made oilless electric motor bearings.

See above.

7. The idiot that replaced the auto window crank with a motor

Okay, Sparky, how do you open and close the rear windows while you're
driving along in your 1966 Rambler? Opening the rear driver's side
window a bit keeps the wind from being too turbulent as it is when only
the driver's window is open.

If you know any of these idiots, please post their name and address !