Gary Coffman

Default OT- Did the Prez lie about WMD?

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 23:57:20 GMT, Gunner wrote:
Have you read the David Kay 3 month interim report yet that was
released recently? I suggest you do so.

It might be helpful if you read the full text, *carefully*. What it admits
is that not even one liter of nerve gas has been found. It says not a
milliliter of bioweaponry has been found. And it provides no evidence
at all, zero, of any ongoing nuclear materials enrichment. This despite
claims by Bush in the build up to invasion that Iraq had *stockpiles*
of nerve gas, bioweapons, and was within months of producing
nuclear weapons.

BTW, a nuclear material enrichment plant is basically impossible
to hide. Ever been to Oak Ridge? It takes *huge* amounts of
electricity to run an enrichment facility. That's why Oak Ridge
was located next to TVA. You can't hide something like that
for even a week from both aerial surveillance and ground truth
inspections. Basically, all you have to do is follow the heaviest
power lines to find it. Iraq doesn't have any facility with that
sort of electrical power feeding it.

Even civilian satellites like SPOT (imagery available via
Terraserver) are sufficient to spot something like that.
We don't need to depend on what politicians or their
toadys claim, we can look for ourselves.

Gary