Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bert

Default Alkaline charging followup

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerard Bok"
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:44 PM
Subject: Alkaline charging followup

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 21:50:42 +0200, "Bert"
lijbertv_at_xsinet_dot_co_dot_za wrote:

December around the 21st last year I did have a question on charging a
rechargeable alkaline AA battery.
Using those 2 in my wireless optical mouse.
Normal battery did last 1 month
Alkaline battery did last 5 month,
Alkaline recharge battery 2.5 month, empty reading is 1 volt.
Started charging both batteries on 1.68 volt, the charging current was

110
mA per battery.
Charging current after 10 hour is 95 mA for both batteries, constant

voltage
1.689 volt.
Hope this will help someone sometime.

And the number of spontaneous exploding charging cells is still
zero, I guess ?

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

No exploding cells, do check every hour or so that the voltage on the
battery stays below 1.7 volt and the battery is still cool to touch.
Remember it is a rechargeable AA alkaline cell.
Greetings
Bert.