Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O.

Default Delta 36-937 wing ?

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 09:40:36 -0600, Frank Boettcher
wrote:

Is anyone out there using the Delta 36-937 10" cast extension wing?

My partner is wanting to replace a 10" stamped wing (on a Delta
Contractors Saw) and it seems that the 10" cast wing is now the
replacement option. My Contractors Saw has the 8" cast wing but he
can't find that one available.

snip

It is the same wing that comes stock on the Unisaw. They just package
some of them for accessory sales. Delta no longer uses an 8" wing on
industrial saws. What was the nature of the negative comments?

The buyer said it was not machined well enough to install properly. Of
course looking at the rest of his feedback (on other items) all of his
comments were negative.

Now, with the shipping weight at 33 lbs, can we still carry the saw if
he installs it..?? :-)

Thanks Frank.

Mike O.