Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons

Default Usiing hydraulic motor to power mower

In article ,
says...
CRL wrote:
I'm trying to run a mower deck with a hydraulic motor. It spins @ 90 rpm
and I need to provide 2200 rpm. I was planning on #60 chain @ 4:1 from
motor to a jackshaft then single belt @ 6:1 to get the speed up. Will this
work or do I need to re-think? Thanks in advance!

90 RPM? Are you sure about that? Most hydraulic motors turn
QUITE a bit faster than that, usually in the 1000 RPM range.
If it has a gear train on the output, can you remove the gearbox?

The motor is almost certainly an orbiting gerotor type motor. Common as
dirt on mobile equipment. The low speed, high torque output is inherent
in the design, which resembles that of a cycloidal reducer.

I built a large test stand and automation for building a few flavors of
the motors 15-20 years ago.

http://www.parker.com/nichport/about_gerotors.asp

Ned Simmons