Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default finding what breaker serves what circuit

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:27:23 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I met an old electrician one time who used to short out the socket, and then
go look and see which one tripped. I'm not sure I like that idea.

I usually plug in a radio and turn it up to max. Then when the radio goes
silent, I know I've got the breaker.

My Dad was an electrician and also used the method of just shorting
out the circuit... no big deal., its quick and foolproof....

BUT honestly the last time I needed to find the correct breaker I went
downstairs and the wife YELLED down the steps what light went out !

Bob G.