Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Inventors and/or manufacturers I want to Kill

wrote in message

1. The idiot that started producing plastic snow shovels

Original ones were junk, but I have tow very good ones for a number of years
now.

2. The idiot that decided that America needs metric nuts and bolts

Can't wait until we make a complete change. I work with metric on a daily
basis and once you do, it is easier.

3. The idiot that invented the keyless drill chuck

One a cheap drill I agree. The one hand chuck on my Panasonic is the best
chuck I've ever used.

4. The idiot that started putting backstab terminals on outlets and
switches

Yep

5. The idiot that made the sealed auto battery

Nope. I've not had reason to open one. My batteries have lasted quite a
long time. I do recall spilling acid from the old ones years ago.

6. The idiot that made oilless electric motor bearings.

In a few cases I agree

7. The idiot that replaced the auto window crank with a motor

Won't buy a car without them. I've only ever had a problem with one on a
back door so I just fixed it closed. OTOH, I've had problems with crank
windows more often over 44 years of car ownership.

If you know any of these idiots, please post their name and address !

Pass them on to me so I can send a "thank you" card.